Contact Information


Email: parker.spanbauer@myldsmail.net


Letter Mailing Address:
Elder Parker Spanbauer
Chile Antofagasta Mission
Casilla de Correo 70
Antofagasta
Chile

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Week 4 Santiago MTC

April 7, 2015

Hey guys!!! I had some emailing problems morning so I've gotta make this quick. So a lot has happened in the last week. I´ll start with last Pday. After we got done emailing home we decided (Elder Taylor, Elder Muir, Elder Stayner, and Elder Johnson) decided to go to the mall. There is a huge mall a few blocks away from the MTC called Parris Mall. We wanted to take a cab there but none of us knew how to get one hahaha. We waved a cab down and he stopped for us. Before we even told him where we wanted to go, we all just jumped in hahaha. Keep in mind, cars here are SUPER small! Also, Elder Stayner is 6.8 ft. tall!!! So the five of us are trying to squeeze into this tiny cab and Elder Johnson jumped on top of us in the back seat. The cab driver was furious! Well, technically i couldn't understand what he was saying but the look on his face was priceless. He basically said get out hahaha. After our first cab experience.... we decided to walk. It took way longer to walk but it was so worth it. They have McDonald's, Pizza hut, Popeyes and a ton of other well known fast food restaurants. We went to a famous place called Domino. They sell super good completos there. I had one with cheese, bacon, BBQ sauce and Avacado! Best completo ever.... well at least compared to the ones here at the CCM (MTC). After that, we went around the mall for about 20min and also went to the Walmart (Lider). We then realized we had only 10min to get back to the MTC so we were forced to try our luck with another taxi. We found a taxi and told him the address and he immediately knew where to go. Let me just say, I have never been more scared for my life!!! He drove so fast and at one point, he started honking at a poor little old lady in the street!!! It was sooo funny but so wrong at the same time hahahah. Today, We are going to go to the mall again and look around some more as well as get another amazing completo. The second wave of Latinos left this morning so that was sad but we get new ones tomorrow!!! Elder Perrier was among the ones to leave. He arrived in Chile with us but was transferred to the other district because he is french and doesn't know a lick of English. Oh!!! Two nights ago he cut mine and Eldert Taylor's hair hahah. That was a scary experience haha because he was sooo agressive! He also has those scary Swiss/French eyes as if he is some kind of mad Artist of some sort! However, he did a really good job haha. I will miss him a ton! My Spanish is getting a lot better as well as our teaching skills in Spanish. We have amazing teachers! Tomorrow we get a new set of teachers that will most likely speak only Spanish..... so yeah, wish me luck haha. I hope all is well at home. I might get some more time to write later today and send pictures. I love you all so much!

Btw - Elder Taylor is not going to Antofagasta. He is serving in the Santiago Norte mission. Elder Muir, my other companion is serving in Antofagasta! My Spanish is a lot better than it was so that's good, but its still not the best haha. I always have to remind myself that it has only been a month. Speaking of which, it does not feel like it has been that long. As of right now, all is well. Just trying to get ready for the field. I love you guys! They might give me some more time to send photos later because my computer was having issues for like 30min. So hopefully they let me. If not, I will try to send more photos next week. I love you all.

Elder Spanbauer

Elder Taylor and I at the Santiago Temple

Missionary Games
Everyone









No comments:

Post a Comment