Contact Information


Email: parker.spanbauer@myldsmail.net


Letter Mailing Address:
Elder Parker Spanbauer
Chile Antofagasta Mission
Casilla de Correo 70
Antofagasta
Chile

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Week 50 Antofagasta


Feb 19, 2016

Hello Everyone!

So this week was super awesome! We found several new investigators! We have been trying to apply the principle "Hablar con Todos" (Talk with Everyone) and we have definitely without a doubt seen a difference. As a companionship we are really striving to be 100% obedient to the mission schedule. For example, leave and return on time, wake up on time, do exercise everyday, study everyday....ect. We have definitely seen the fruits of just doing these simple things. We designed a plan of consecration. Some might say being in a Trio is hard and lame but we have come to see that it is awesome because we can do divisions with members everyday. This helps us a ton because we only have so much time to work in our sector as it is, so having two companionship working in the same sector helps us a ton. We had some very powerful lessons with a few investigators where the spirit was felt super strong. I am learning to recognize the spirit better, which was one of my goals before leaving on the mission. I have come to know of without a doubt that Jesus Christ is our savior. I have developed a love for the people of Chile and now I feel as if I am one of them. I thank my heavenly father everyday for allowing me to be a missionary and a messenger of his eternal truths. 

This week I drove for the first time in my mission! I am one of the few missionaries that gets to drive in their missions... well at least in South America. I drove the new ford ranger we have because no one else knows how to drive stick. Life in the office is great... I am ahead on a lot of things because we have Zone Conferences in a few weeks and we are going to be traveling the mission. I am so excited! President trusts in us so much, it amazes me haha because we are just 19-20 year old kids! haha Yesterday we had an activity in the church. It was a karaoke activity but Elder Walker and I didn’t know any of the songs because they were Old Spanish songs. Our ward is so freaking awesome. Today we have a BBQ with some members in the ward so I gotta make this email quick. Don’t have many photos this week but hopefully next week I will have more. President gave us a selfie stick hahaha Love you all and Don’t Be Basic!

Elder Spanbauer

Elder Morales and Me in the office


Elder Walker, Elder Morales, and Me
Today we had an awesome BBQ with the Matamoros Family! This family is seriously so cool. Here are some photos!




No comments:

Post a Comment