Contact Information


Email: parker.spanbauer@myldsmail.net


Letter Mailing Address:
Elder Parker Spanbauer
Chile Antofagasta Mission
Casilla de Correo 70
Antofagasta
Chile

Monday, September 28, 2015

Week 29 Vallenar

Sept 28, 2015

La mejor Misión Del Mundo! Hola De Vallenar!

So this week had some pretty good highlights. To start, my companion felt a lot better this week so we actually got to work! Finally! I was so bored in the pension. Good news is that I’m getting close to finishing the book of Mormon in Spanish! I remember when I first got here I could read the scriptures and not understand a single thing and now I can understand just about all of it. I am amazed at how much progress I have made. So we witnessed a miracle this week. Remember Jonathan? He’s the crazy alien guy and the one who basically just fell off the deep end with all of the symbols and stuff. Anyway, we had stopped passing by for like a month and then one night we receive a call from him and he says to come over to his house. We went and he basically said that he missed us and wanted to continue with the lessons. We had an AMAZING lesson with him. The spirit was so strong and we talked about the basics. We talked about the book of Mormon and how everything leans on the book. We basically said that all he has to do is pray and find out if the book of Mormon is the word of god and if it is, that means joseph smith was a prophet of god.... etc. During the lesson, Jonathan was randomly looking in the back of the book of Mormon and randomly came across a scripture reference and it was the same scripture you send me through email dad! The one in 2nd Nephi 28:30 about how we learn line upon line, precept upon precept and how we cant just obtain all of the knowledge at once. Jonathan loved this scripture and I know the spirit was present in that lesson. We taught soooo well! He said he shouldn’t have believed in random stuff on the Internet and he wants to start going to church! He’s back baby! We also had another lesson with him and his girlfriend for the first time! We taught her the first lesson and she said she is gonna read and pray. I truly believe they will be married and baptized now. It’s just a matter of when. I’m so glad I had the opportunity to experience this miracle. The lord works in mysterious ways. So as some of you know, next Saturday they call us for cambios (transfers) and there is a good chance that I am leaving but now I want to stay! We have so many people that are so close to baptism. However, I will go where the lord sends me. So.... what else.... Oh! I gave a talk about prayer in sacrament yesterday and that was super cool. I had no trouble speaking and many people complimented me, which felt good. Elder Malan and I also explored more of the "Cavancha" (the outer part of the sector) and we had to cross the freeway so we crawled through a storm drain to do so hahahaha. We have just been working hard and trying to set baptismal dates with people. That’s about all... oh and apparently there has been a bunch of small earthquakes nearby but I slept through one and the others weren’t that strong. That’s about it everyone, Love you all! Cuídense!

Elder Spanbauer

Missionary Bike

Elder Malan

Officially Legal



Desierto Florido

Owl


La Cavancha

La Cavancha


Famous Chilean Dish "Casuela"

Streets of Vallenar

Old Catholic Church in Downtown Vallenar

Dangerous Bridge
This is the tunnel that we had to cross through hahaha






 
Meet the people who feed us everyday! Mamita y Papito

No comments:

Post a Comment