Contact Information


Email: parker.spanbauer@myldsmail.net


Letter Mailing Address:
Elder Parker Spanbauer
Chile Antofagasta Mission
Casilla de Correo 70
Antofagasta
Chile

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Week 60 Antofagasta


April 30, 2016

Hello family! This is my weekly update...

So this week was kind of a slow week as far as finding new people to teach. We did find a few people but it definitely wasn't our best week. Elder Morales and I have been trying to be completely obedient so that the lord will bless us for our efforts. Last Monday we went downtown with President Dalton to help him with some legal work so he can leave the country. It was really cool to just walk around town with President. He shared a lot of things with us including a little bit of his success stories in life. He expressed how important the mission was for him and how it has effected him. While we were waiting in the PDI I asked President to write in my memory book and he did!!! I also bought President´s bus pass to end the mission! It is kinda sad because we know that his mission is coming to an end but its cool to be here in the office to see a lot of the behind the scenes. President talks a lot about his grandchildren haha. I have been training Elder Huffstutler so that he can take the ropes when I leave. He is doing well, probably better than I did when I first got here haha. Like me, he is a very relaxed person so the stress shouldn't effect him too much. I will be leaving the office in about a week from this coming Monday but I still don´t know where I am heading. I am extremely excited to get back out in the field!!! I have learned many things in the office that I will be able to apply in my life and I feel privileged to have served here. This ward is seriously amazing. There is almost not a day that goes by without working with a member from the ward. The members here are so willing to leave and work with us! This next week I will be saying my goodbyes to the families that have impacted me. This is always the hardest part for me because a fourth of my mission took place here and there is a lot of history here. I honestly think I have learned more in these last few transfers than I have in my entire mission. I now understand what it means to be "diligent" and to work hard. I think Elder Morales has really helped me better understand obedience and the blessings that follow when we are obedient. I have no idea where I am going after the office but I will definitely carry this basic principle with me. The more I think about it, the mission is not only for the people we serve... as a unintentional or indirect result the mission changes us. It changes our perspective and state of mind towards God´s children. We begin to desire the salvation of everyone! I am beginning to look at people through god´s eyes and see what it is they can become rather than seeing them as fixed objects that cannot change. The first great commandment: "Love god with all your heart, might, mind and strength". The first great truth: "God loves US with all HIS heart, might, mind and strength". -Elder Holland 
What better way to show our love for our heavenly father than by serving his children? There is no better way. I think that´s why serving a mission is so important. It gives one the opportunity to experience first hand how the lord works with others through us. Honestly, I feel like writing a book when I get back because there are so many things I have learned here in the mission! I owe a lot to each and every one of you. If it weren't for you guys, I would not be here. I would not have learned the things I have learned. So in short.... thank you. Love you all! Until next week!

Photo with the Salazar family


No comments:

Post a Comment