Contact Information


Email: parker.spanbauer@myldsmail.net


Letter Mailing Address:
Elder Parker Spanbauer
Chile Antofagasta Mission
Casilla de Correo 70
Antofagasta
Chile

Monday, June 20, 2016

Week 67 Calama


June 20, 2016

Alright... so this was an extremely good week. This week started off really bad. We weren’t able to find a member that could leave and work with us. We didn’t have a single lesson Monday or Tuesday but by Wednesday things started to change a little. We were able to work with members and have more lessons. We taught Ivan this week and we had a member come with us. It was a very interesting lesson because he came out and told us he is gay.... I honestly didn’t know what to say.... Its not something he is really proud of but he still doesn’t see it as a sin. We explained to him that if he acts on those feelings it becomes a sin, but if he doesn’t act on those feelings it is not a sin. Now whether someone is born with it or not... I have no idea but he is still very interested in learning about the church. At first I kind of lost hope of him getting baptized but I honestly can still see him getting baptized. This Sunday he came to church for the second time! He already knows several members now and they are starting to include him more. We also were able to teach Katia. (The woman that stopped us in the car) We taught here and her husband and they are both really awesome. He says that he doesn’t really know if god exists but I’m sure that if he comes to church he will receive his testimony. I am going to try and organize a family home evening in the house of our bishop with their family. Alright, for the big news... This last Saturday KERMIT GOT BAPTIZED!!! You asked for the update on him and here it is! My bishop here in Calama (his brother in law) was able to go to Antofagasta and baptize him! It was Elder Morales`s last Saturday in the office and he was able to see the baptism. I feel so good to know that I was able to help Kermit while I was serving in the office. Many times... more often than not we don’t get to see the fruits of our labors until later. I will be sending photos of his baptism next week. Bishop still has to give them to me. Alright, for the other big news.... Elder Bravo left today and I will be getting a new companion. I am still district leader and I will be training next transfer!!!! I find out who my beloved son is this Wednesday!!!! I’m so excited to train and finally have my own posterity here in the mission hahahaha. Oh, I also had another baptismal interview with an investigator of the elders in my district. Her name is Jasna. She is about 40 years old and she has gone through a lot to get to baptized. She got married last week and this week her husband`s dad passed away. She passed the interview and is completely ready to be baptized. Things are going great here in Caspana and I can’t wait to meet my kid. Love you all and here are some photos!

CALAMA

Elder Bravo and Elder Spanbauer

Elder Bravo

Elder Pereira, Elder Reveco, Elder Bravo





No comments:

Post a Comment