Contact Information


Email: parker.spanbauer@myldsmail.net


Letter Mailing Address:
Elder Parker Spanbauer
Chile Antofagasta Mission
Casilla de Correo 70
Antofagasta
Chile

Monday, June 27, 2016

Week 68 Calama


June 27, 2016

So as you all know, I am now training a new Elder named Elder Santos! He is from.... (drum roll)..... Mexico! haha my beloved son is Mexican! hahaha. This week was pretty crazy. The first couple days I worked with the zone leaders because I was companionless. On Wednesday at about 5:30am I left to Antofagasta by myself to meet my son. I arrived to Antofagasta and had to walk to the mission office by myself!!! I have never felt so alone and scared in my life haha. We were in the mission all day with the newbies and I have been assigned to train Elder Santos. I am super excited because training is a very tough thing to do and one of the most important callings one can receive. President basically told us that the salvation of these new missionaries is in our hands. No pressure haha! We worked with a lot of members this week because I want Elder Santos to meet everyone. Ivan is doing good and Katia and Carlos are both doing fine as well. I have had a very sore throat this week and I lost my voice so I have been teaching everyone by whispering haha. Yesterday we were trying to sleep but the whole city was roaring because of the game. We kind of knew that Chile won because of all the noise we heard outside. Now I can rub it in everyones face! Take that Argentina! Anyway, there really isn’t much more to report because we only worked in our sector for a couple of days this week. Next week on the 4th of July, the whole zone of Calama is going to travel to Antofagasta to meet the new mission president. I will try to write more next week. Here are some photos!
(I am still trying to get the photos of Kermit´s baptism)

Elder Spanbauer

My Son Elder Santos from Mexico




Ping Pong Fury

Elder Santos


Elder Morales just sent these to me. Here are some photos from Kermit´s Baptism! I forgot to tell you guys but two days ago Kermit came to Calama and was in our bishop’s house. Bishop called me and told me to go to his house right away so I did. I got there and Kermit was there! I got to talk to him for a while and he was super happy. He told me how he was going to talk to President Dalton to see if I could travel to Antofagasta to see his baptism hahaha. It was really cool that I got to see him again. Anyway, gotta go... see ya later dad. Love ya!

Elder Spanbauer

 
Kermit's Baptism!




No comments:

Post a Comment