Contact Information


Email: parker.spanbauer@myldsmail.net


Letter Mailing Address:
Elder Parker Spanbauer
Chile Antofagasta Mission
Casilla de Correo 70
Antofagasta
Chile

Monday, August 22, 2016

Week 76 Calama


Aug 22, 2016

Hey guys! So this week was a pretty good one. Our numbers were high and we found 9 new investigators! This week we put a goal to find 7 new investigators and we found 9! We walked a lot... talked a lot and it all payed off. We also had a chance to meet with Ivan Buston to see how he is feeling about his baptism and he said he felt really nervous. He told us that he lacks faith. We read some scriptures with him that talk about faith and how he can obtain it. Faith is a gift from god... we must ask for it. We don’t just automatically have it when we are born. Faith is given to one that seeks for it and asks for it. I really want to see Ivan get baptized the 3rd of Sept. but he is feeling really pressured. He has made a lot of progress since the first time me met with him. He started off saying he didn’t even believe in god.... I have faith that he will get baptized here shortly. Today we are going to do a family home evening activity at Bishop`s house and Ivan is going! I hope this will help him get to know more members and feel more supported. I also did another companion exchange with Elder Childs from Kansas and it was awesome! That day we found 3 new investigators and had 4 lessons. He is like one of my best friends here in the mission. I’m not gonna lie... sometimes its stressful training a new missionary because they think they know EVERYTHING and they are always watching to see when you make a mistake haha. I love elder Santos though because I have to haha... he is my son. It’s amazing that we can learn from each other. It is possible that I might get transferred the 10th of Sept. so we have been working extra hard to find new people and set baptismal dates. I hope to see some of the fruits of my labors but if not... doesn’t matter. Anyway, things are going great here. It is super-hot here in Calama and super cold at night.... it is so weird. Anyway... gotta wrap things up... love you all and send me pictures!

Elder Spanbauer

FBI


PDay with my buddy Elder Childs


No comments:

Post a Comment