Contact Information


Email: parker.spanbauer@myldsmail.net


Letter Mailing Address:
Elder Parker Spanbauer
Chile Antofagasta Mission
Casilla de Correo 70
Antofagasta
Chile

Monday, December 19, 2016

Week 93 Antofagasta

Dec 19, 2016

So this week was pretty crazy. We had pretty high numbers and met just about all of our goals. We also baptized! So this week we worked with several members and found 17 new investigators! On Sunday, we woke up a little earlier to go pick up all of our investigators to go to church with some members. Just about all of them were either sleeping or decided last minute that they didn’t want to go... It was super lame. We were planning on having 9 investigators at church but 7 of them said they couldn’t go. While we were doing this I felt an impression to knock on a random door that I had never knocked on before. It was a pretty strong spiritual impression that I couldn’t ignore. So I yelled to my companion and told him to follow me. He questioned why I was going to that house because we didn’t know the people who lived there but I told him I felt the need to knock on that door. Turns out a family of 8 just moved there from Bolivia and they are super receptive!!! We invited them to church and they excepted right away! The mother and two of her daughters went and the others couldn’t go because they had arrived at 5am from Bolivia and were super tired. It was seriously a miracle! On Saturday we had two baptisms scheduled but we only baptized one of them because the 70 year old woman we are teaching was too scared to go under water all the way.... It was an interesting experience. Next Saturday we are going to try again. I baptized Wilder Aguilar, a young 17 year old from Bolivia! We found him a week ago! hahaha He is super awesome. My companion baptized one of the sister missionary´s converts. It was a great week:D

I forgot so tell you guys Merry Christmas in my email! I love you guys a ton and I am extremely grateful for your support. I look forward to talking to you on X-mas. Love you,

Elder Spanbauer

Here are some photos!

Wilder Aguilar


The top of my sector "The Gold Mine"

No comments:

Post a Comment