Contact Information


Email: parker.spanbauer@myldsmail.net


Letter Mailing Address:
Elder Parker Spanbauer
Chile Antofagasta Mission
Casilla de Correo 70
Antofagasta
Chile

Monday, October 10, 2016

Week 83 Antofagasta


Oct 10, 2016

Hey everyone! I´M AN UNCLE!!! Congrats Tori and Joey!!! I feel like it was just yesterday when you guys told me that Tori was pregnant! Time flies sooo fast in the mission. So this week was a pretty good week because we managed to work a lot with members and we also have some baptismal dates set for the end of this month. Alejandro, one of our investigators goes to church basically every Sunday and has a baptismal date set for the 22nd of Oct. He is super awesome but a little shy and awkward as well. He has a lot of questions about the book of Mormon but that´s a good thing. The other investigator that has a baptismal date is Ricardo... he is a new investigator we found knocking on doors and he is super awesome. He has problems with the word of wisdom but we are gonna help him with that so he can get baptized on the 29th of Oct. I had the opportunity to do a companion exchange with my zone leaders and I worked with Elder Faúndez from Santiago Chile. I learned a lot from him. He literally talks to every single person that passes him in the street! Not a single one of them gets away hahaha. Let´s see... what else? Oh! I made no-bake cookies! haha This week we also had a stake activity in Antofagasta Centro (Where I served while being in the office) so I got to see a lot of old faces! We did an open house in the church and our job as missionaries was to go to the streets and invite people to enter the church and see what we do as "Mormons" and show that we don’t sacrifice animals on an altar hahaha. This Sunday we had 6 investigators at church so that was super awesome and in the evening Elder Talbot (a senior missionary) did a presentation of the book of Mormon. He showed physical evidence within the book of Mormon showing that now man could have just made it all up. He also showed where he believes the family of Nephi landed in Central America. Elder Talbot has traveled the world studying this while he was working for BYU and he probably knows more about the book of Mormon than any other man I’ve met. So that was pretty cool. That´s pretty much it... I feel like the more time I have in the mission, the harder it is to write because I feel like I´m writing the same thing every week... Today we got our hair cut and played soccer with the zone. That´s all for now... Love you all and send me more pics of the new baby of the family! 

Elder Spanbauer

I´M AN UNCLE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment