Contact Information


Email: parker.spanbauer@myldsmail.net


Letter Mailing Address:
Elder Parker Spanbauer
Chile Antofagasta Mission
Casilla de Correo 70
Antofagasta
Chile

Monday, January 9, 2017

Week 96 Antofagasta


Jan 9, 2017

This week was a mental rollercoaster... So we started this week off with some bad news... Erika and Bismarck decided they weren’t going to get married. I think she decided she didn’t want to because he isn’t taking things very seriously. He spent new year’s eve, new year’s day and the 2nd of Jan. drinking with his buddies. We talked with Erika for a bit and she said she still wants to get married but she thinks she wants to wait a little longer. I did a companion exchange with my Zone Leaders so I was with Elder FaĆ¹ndez for the day. He is from Santiago Chile and it was interesting because he had lost his voice so I had to do the teaching hahaha. We had many lessons that day and we set 5 baptismal dates! It was pretty awesome. On Friday, we found a young guy named Joel from Bolivia. He lives with one of our recent converts named Wilder! We invited him to get baptized on the 14th of Jan. and he said yes! We have taught him almost everything and he also passed his baptismal interview yesterday! It was kind of crazy because his older brother told him he couldn’t get baptized and how it would be disrespecting the family`s beliefs. He is 18 years old and he told us he wasn’t going to be able to get baptized for what his brother told him. We talked to his brother and spoke really direct and to the point and his brother denied ever saying such a thing hahahaha I think he felt the spirit haha. So if everything goes well, we will baptize this Saturday! Hay bautismo! It’s crazy how when something bad happens in the mission... our father in heaven blesses us with another miracle! It is possible that they transfer me for my last 6 weeks. I will know on Friday. I hope to stay in this ward but I will go and do what lord commands me. Anyway, I gotta make this one a little short. I will send some recordings. Love you all and until next week!

I saw Elder Moraga at the leadership counsel!

Enjoying a little something to eat with the Zapata family!

No comments:

Post a Comment