Contact Information


Email: parker.spanbauer@myldsmail.net


Letter Mailing Address:
Elder Parker Spanbauer
Chile Antofagasta Mission
Casilla de Correo 70
Antofagasta
Chile

Monday, January 30, 2017

Week 99 Copiapo


Jan 30, 2017

So this week was kind of crazy. We have still been spending a lot of time just talking to EVERYONE and we haven’t found that many new investigators. It isn’t really like my last sector where we found several new investigators a day. The people here are always "busy". It can be really annoying sometimes but we have gotten really good at telling if someone wants us to come back or no. This would be a typical doorstep conversation in Chile: 

(Us) "Hi how are you?" (Them) "I’m actually really busy right now." (Us) "Can we come back when you aren’t busy?" (Them) "I´m basically never home... I always work."

Chileans are really good at not committing to things hahaha. But we are just going to keep on searching so we can find some good investigators. We had two investigators go to church this Sunday! One of them is from Colombia and the other from Peru. The guy from Colombia is named Jason. He is 15 but looks like he is 22. He might have problems with Word of Wisdom, but we will have to find that out soon. The girl from Peru that went is also 15 but she doesn’t seem to be that interested. All in all, it wasn’t the best week but who said missionary work was easy? 

My birthday was pretty awesome because we ate some stuffed peppers wrapped in bacon with some members but the following day it gave me fire diarrhea hahaha I don’t know how to spell that anymore but yeah... it was not fun. I had to spend a good chunk of the day on the toilet. Disregarding the fact that I was pooping out lava, those peppers were soooo good:) Anyway, I gotta wrap this up. Thank you all for the birthday wishes. I love you all and until next week!

Elder Spanbauer


No comments:

Post a Comment